Settling down with a new Bible

How do you read your Bible?  I'm just curious because I want to try something new.  I think it's time to settle down with a new Bible.  On Sunday while I was sitting in church, I turned to Josh and asked him if we could go buy me a new Bible . . . today we did just that.  I already have several Bibles (The Message, an NIV study Bible, NLT Life Application), but I wanted something more "slim" and with only Bible text . . . no commentary on the bottom.  Lately I have been really thinking about how I have been slacking in my reading and need to start being more faithful to it.  So, I was thinking about buying some colored pencils and color-coding and linking related "touching" verses with the side margins.  I have no idea where to start though!  I was Googling tips on how to organize your Bible and color-code and all that.  I have an idea about what I want to do, so I will have to sit down and think long and hard about it and make sure it's right. :-]
I have just wanted to choose one Bible that is my favorite and start writing in that one.  I think it would be cool to have a Bible that is mine.  The Bible I found is a "slim," black leatherbound, NIV with silver page trims.  AND only $15 with my coupon!  I really like its simplicity.  I wanted to get my name engraved on it, but their machine was down.  Maybe next time we go to that store.  I really want it!
Also, while checking out, the employee showed me some $5 items they have on sale, one of which was Louie Giglio's Indescribible DVD.  Krissy introduced me to him and ever since then, I have loved his movies; they really get you thinking about God's awesomeness and how tiny, yet important we are to our Creator.  I thought this would be a great movie to have and share with people.  Haha, I get really excited about these kinds of things, so I think I automatically assume that everyone else will, too!  :-]

So, my question at the beginning wasn't rhetorical.  Really, how do you read your Bible?

Posted byAshley C. at 5:48 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 8:15:00 AM PST  

The best way I have found to read my bible is to purchase a bible study...that will prompt you to look up certain chapters or verses. It helps you to search the bible in the less talked about areas too. Have fun with your new bible!
P.S- SO excited to comment. Gosh, it's been a long time!

Post a Comment