Yep, I'm star-struck

Okay, I'll admit it: I'm the type of person that gets "star-struck."  I was so excited to be at the show last night and when Jeff Dunham came out, my heart began racing.  I think this is for a number of reasons: 1) I watch this guy on DVDs, 2) those were the puppets that I watch on TV, 3) we're breathing in the same air, 4) it is surreal.  :-]  Call me weird, but those are my reasons!  Jeff Dunham really knows how to put on a good show.  It was really cool because when you watch his DVDs, you don't really see all of the mishaps, bloopers, or other random things that happen, but because we were sitting there we saw all of it.  His Achmed character (dead terrorist) was hilarious because his ribs got stuck to his spine, his legs fell to the side and Jeff was struggling to get it unstuck (while Achmed is yelling at him).  In order to fix it, he had to unsnap his arm and adjust everything else.  That was probably one of the funniest parts!  I'm sure that none of this makes sense since I'm sure that half of you do not even know who Jeff Dunham is, but this is why I'm sharing it . . . you need to know him!  :-]  As I wrote before, he's a pretty controversial guy so if you're easily offended, just ignore me.  Jeff also had his guitar guy, Brian Haner.  That guy is so talented with the electric guitar and he is so stinkin' funny, too!  I have videos (that I probably wasn't supposed to take) that I really wish I could upload, but Josh will call me a criminal if I did that.  :-]
We had pretty good seats, so we were able to see a lot more than some other people (sitting in the nosebleeds with binoculars!).  I cannot wait until he comes back around this way.  Well, here are some pictures that I took at the event.  :-]  The cast's names were Jeff Dunham, Brian Haner (guitar guy), Walter (old grouch), Achmed (dead terrorist), Peanut (very high-strung), Jose the Jalapeno on a Steek (name says it all), and Bubba J (White "trailer trash").  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 7:39 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Wednesday, February 10, 2010 at 8:16:00 AM PST  

Looks like you had an awesome time! There is nothing like experiencing something new.

Post a Comment