Take me home

There I was, cruising along with my shades on heading to Milwaukee for my class.  I noticed that nearly every car heading South was covered in snow.  The only thing I thought about was, Wow, these Wisconsin drivers haven't dug out their cars since the last snow storm a few days ago?  I was about three-fourths of the way there when I hit a little cloud of snow.  I drove about 5 more minutes down the road and ran into a blizzard!  I was amazed how much of a difference a 35 minute drive makes!  I was sitting there on the interstate, in a traffic jam, driving 25 miles an hour; it was horrible!  I was complaining to Josh about how I couldn't even see the car in front of me and the roads were so slick, my tires wouldn't grip, it was a mess.  He told me to just turn around if I couldn't handle it.  I wasn't even close to being to school yet so I pressed the "Take me home" button on my GPS.  When I pulled over onto a side-street I called my teacher's home, left a message and then sent him an e-mail.  I guess the storm was heading South because I was driving back home, on the highway, only 25 miles an hour.    In addition to that, Josh was heading to class and even admitted himself "Yeah boo, this is really bad."  It took me about 2 hours to get home!  At least I didn't crash my car because the road were horrible and had not a lick of salt on them either. 

I really, really can't wait for Spring to get here!

Posted byAshley C. at 5:45 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment