Isn't it ironic . . .

This past week has been a week full of good news (and some bad, but  that's beside the point).
First, one of my really good friends (and old roomie) found out she was pregnant!  I was probably just as excited as she was when she told me.  Her and her husband have been married for almost a year and started trying after their wedding ceremony 2 months ago.  Right after their ceremony, they moved to Colorado (where he is stationed) and a few weeks later found out that he is going to get be deployed to Iraq in March . . . so, she has to move back here (yay!) while he is gone.  It is just a bit unfortunate because he will be gone for a year . . . miss that whole stage of her getting "fat," moodiness, but will be able to come home for the birth!  She asked me if she can borrow my middle name and use it if she has a girl.  I think she was kidding, but if not, that'd be pretty cool! ;-] 
Second, my other old roomie just got engaged!  I haven't gotten a chance to talk to her about it yet, but I think he proposed the day before Valentine's Day.  I am so excited for them because I know how much they love each other and they are so perfect together.  :-]  

When I hear all of this good news, I think to myself when will it be my turn?  Hmm, isn't it ironic that today's devotional was about 'Patience?'  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 3:51 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment