I need to get out of here.

Since Wednesday, I've felt drained and tired with some congestion.  As the week progressed, I began to have a majorly stuffed nose, very sore throat, and pounding headaches, so yesterday I went to the doctor.  He said that I "have enough systems to treat this as strep throat."  I have antiobiotics and have just been hibernating since.

This morning, Josh called me at noon to wake me up (yes, noon).  He told me that there was no family dinner today but his dad is grilling out.  I don't know what got into me, but I sprung out of bed and immediately went into the kitchen to find the ingredients to make tuna salad.  Got 'em all.  And baked beans, too!  While I was at it, I found some lemon cake mix (my favorite!) so I decided to make that, too.  I told myself that I was just going to eat grilled food, baked beans, a can of pop and some cupcakes . . . the ultimate Summer dinner minus the watermelon . . . and not look out the window in order to convince myself that it's Spring.  In fact, I am going to paint my nails pink today, too.  I am sooo over this cold weather!  It is making me sick and I am freezing.  I cannot wait much longer for Spring to get here.  I am ready to just sleep with my window open, wear nothing but a shirt and jeans, and go rollerblading.  If our credit card had enough money available, I would buy Josh and I tickets to Florida for a week.  I need to get out of here.  Oh, wait, I wouldn't be able to because we are supposed to get a foot of snow tonight!  Aye-yi-yi. 

My new goal:  When we are engaged and begin looking for a house, I will try my absolute hardest to get him to move to Florida.  No more midwest for this girl. 

Posted byAshley C. at 12:48 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 6:29:00 AM PST  

Amen, Sister! I too am over this weather and am imagining being somewhere else. Hope you are feeling better...it's definitely going around.

Post a Comment