All in this tin

Because it's winter and the ground is frozen, we were not able to bury Tyson.  We had to take him to get cremated and mom paid extra to get his ashes back.  I felt a little weird about someone else handling my dead dog because I'm sure they treated him inhumanely.  Dead or not, he should be treated gently.  I am just afraid that because these people cremate animals for a living, they are desensitized to it.  I guess all I can do is hope that they were humane.  Anyway, we got his ashes back today.  It was really weird because when mom texted me and said "Tyson is home," my heart skipped a beat and my mind, going a million miles an hour, told me he's home?!  Yes, it was all a mistake, he didn't really die!  He's home and I can hold him again!  but then I realized what that meant. 
I guess this is what my little buddy has been reduced to.  It's really sad to think that 5 days ago, he was walking around the house, playing with the other dogs, and bugging me.  Just sad that it was completely unexpected and I couldn't kiss him bye or snuggle with him one last time.  Instead, Josh had to tell me that he's gone.  Forever.  His little body is in this little tin jar.  His big personality, mouth full of barks, and all of that love all in this tin.  As much as I wish I could, I know that there is nothing I can do about him being gone. 
I still love you little buddy and I haven't taken my "I love my chihuahua" keychain off my keys either.  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 6:46 PM  

2 comments:

Missi said... Saturday, February 20, 2010 at 5:07:00 PM PST  

aw. I am so sorry to hear about your dog. You made me tear up. I lost my dog, 4 1/2 years ago, and I still think about him everyday. I miss him so much. My parents got another dog 2 years ago, Bucky. I love him to death, but he just doesn't replace Jake. Jake was a beagle, any time I see a beagle, it makes me sad. I almost never want to have my own dog, because I don't want to go through losing another. But, I most def need a dog in my life. The best thing ever!

Love your blog by the way, I finally checked it out!

Kris said... Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at 6:30:00 AM PST  

I am so sorry about Tyson, what a cute little guy!
Hope you're doing alright.

Post a Comment