How does she know all of this?!

Yesterday I was about to tell you about how I was going to embark on this biiig adventure.  For a class of mine, I have to do this very detailed family tree/history project.  Honestly, I was going to "BS" the whole thing because I know nothing about my family (as I told you in a different blog).  But, I figured that one day, my kids will want to know where they came from (in a biological sense . . . not physical haha!), so I should just tackle this project and try my hardest.  For both my interest and possibly for my kid's. 

So, I sent a message to each of my family members on Facebook that could give me any kind of information about themselves or our shared family members.  Then, this biiig adventure came to a screeching halt.  My uncle's ex-wife (who knows me and my sister very well.  'nother story, 'nother time) replied to my message lickety-split.  This wasn't just any message reply, this was a book.  A long storybook.  She gave me pretty much all of the information that I needed.  How does she know all of this?!  She gave me the dirt haha!  I never knew any of the information she gave me.  It's interesting that she knows all of this because she mentioned a while back that one thing she didn't like about our family was that nobody showed interest in any other person.  Nobody kept up with anyone else.  She also expressed her desire that her kids (my cousins) will one day establish that "old, traditional" family-style.  I like her.  :-] 

So, the project is due in 2 weeks and I am going to start on it tonight.  I was going to present it via PowerPoint, but because Sully is here now, I can be really different and creative and make a big posterboard.  So, when the project is finished, I think I will share a picture of it with you!  :-] 

Posted byAshley C. at 8:49 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment