It hit me

Okay, so I don't have much time because I have to run to that silent auction I was talking about last night, but I just wanted to stop by and let you all know how that women's conference went.

So, it was about teaching women to become desperate for God, not for things of this world.  We (and yes, I do mean "we.") so easily become wrapped up in becoming desperate for people to like us, to be better than "that next girl," to have the nicest clothes, etc.  But as we all learn, those things fail us and off we are to the next thing to chase.  If only we learned to chase God that way!  God is waiting with open arms, waiting for us to come to Him with open hands, sacrificing our whole lives to Him.  The humiliating thing about me writing this post is that I am nowhere near what I should be.  I confess, I don't pray every day, I don't read His Word every day . . . I am not the best daughter He's asked me to be.  I have a difficult time giving Him my whole life, let alone just 5 minutes a day.  I think that if I lean back and look at what I'm chasing and becoming desperate for, I will very quickly realize that God really has no place in it.  I felt convicted last night, praying that I had the life that I wish I could have.  God is waiting.  I need to make the first move.

Okay . . . smooth, innocent transition . . .

On another note, today me and Josh ran to Old Navy to exchange some things and it hit me.  It's almost Christmas time.  The store was packed, the sales were a steal, and the Christmas music was playing loudly over the intercom.  When we got in the car, I popped in our Christmas jazz music . . . it hit me.  I already have some Christmas gifts planned out and I'm ready for shopping.  Now, all we need is the snow!

Posted byAshley C. at 2:06 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment