Floodings and shootings and God's promise

I hate those dreams and I do mean hate.  Do you ever have dreams with reoccuring themes that just make you uncomfortable?  My dreams always have one of two themes: being shot in the head or the world being flooded.  Okay, and when I was reading the Twilight books, I had dreams about Edward, but shhh . . .

Being shot in the head is the way I always die in my dreams.  I never fall, suffocate, or anything else.  I have no idea what this means and honestly, I'm not into dream-reading, so I couldn't care less.  The thing that bothers me most about this is that when you have so many detailed dreams about being shot, it kind of brings itself into real life.  When I walk outside at night (to get in my car, etc.), I always hurry because I'm afraid of getting shot.  Weird.

Now, last night I had another dream about the world flooding.  It was really strange.   Everyone was watching the news and making a huge deal about the world flooding.  They were saying good-bye to their families, building boats, and killing themselves.  There were no fears coming from me for one reason: I knew the Bible said that God promised to never flood the world again and that we have regular reminders of that promise . . . rainbows.  I was afraid because I could not remember the verse and more and more people were putting their trust in the weather man (and killing themselves) each second.  I needed to tell people what God promised us and they were making a fuss for no reason.  I was flipping through the Bible and getting frustrated and could not find the verse until God spoke to me.  He said "You are getting frustrated looking through my Word.  Keep looking and if you do not find it in 2 minutes, you can turn your back on me forever."  So, I flipped for about 5 seconds and right away, I found the verse, the clouds cleared up, and a rainbow showed in the sky.  It was so reassuring.  And strange.  Now, if I knew there wasn't a verse in the Bible that declared God's promise, I would probably worry about this regularly, too.

Genesis 9:11-13: " . . .'Never again will all life be cut off by the waters of a flood; never again will there be a flood to destroy the earth.'  And God said, 'This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set a rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth.'"

There ya have it!  As far as I know, God's been pretty faithful on his promises.  Now, if I could only find a verse promising that I'll never get shot . . .  

Posted byAshley C. at 10:04 AM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 5:32:00 PM PST  

I totally understand !!!
I always have this dream that I am in an airplane that is about to crash! So far I have survived all of the crashes, but it definitely makes me not want to fly - ever!

Post a Comment