Capitalist Christmas

I cannot believe that it is already November. I don't know if I'm the only one that is noticing, but Christmas stuff is up already! I love Christmas; it is my favorite holiday and that season is just wonderful. I love the feeling, the warmth, the time off of school, everything! But . . . why is Christmas stuff up already? Halloween was just last week.  Macy's already has their big Christmas hoopla going on, Target has Christmas music playing and the trees up already, Black Friday sales ads are out.  What in the world, Halloween was only last week! I have only one answer for that: Capitalism! Because all of the big companies are suffering from people holding back on their spending, I'm guessing that they are just getting everything started sooner. More time, more money. I love walking into a store, smelling the pine, hearing Christmas music, but when I know that the world around me doesn't see Christmas for what I see it as, it kind of lessens that "Christmas feeling."

Speaking of Christmas, does anyone else read the Farmer's Almanac? They give 3-month weather predictions and if they're right, Northeastern Illinois will be having a white Thanksgiving! That means snow will be on the ground in 3 weeks! Oh. I see, no one else is excited about this. But I love, love, love the snow! It's beautiful and calming. If it's going to be freezing weather, it might as well snow!

Posted byAshley C. at 5:43 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment