I can only imagine

For the people that know me well, you know my biggest fear is losing Josh; not being afraid of death, but afraid of being without him, I suppose. It is one of my biggest struggles and definitely my biggest fear. Me and Josh are convinced that we will never die, we will never have to live without each other for one reason: Jesus will return before that!

I was sharing this with someone today and it lead us to talk about Christ's return. This person told me something that was like a shot to the heart and I didn't know how to respond. They said that when they die, whether they meet God or Jesus first, they already know the first things they're going to ask: 1) what color does a smurf turn when you choke them?, 2) who is 'Joe' (when referring to coffee)? but I forgot the other two.
As you can see, these are silly (an understatement, perhaps) questions that do not matter when you're meeting with our Creator face-t0-face. Why in the world would those things even matter? I do not think I would even have the breath to speak, let alone ask questions about smurfs and coffee. When this person said that, I did not know how to react, I didn't know what to say or what not to say. I just sat there and said nothing.

This conversation led me to think: What would I do when finally meeting my Creator? It reminds me of MercyMe's song, "I can only imagine." This is such a heart-wrenching thing to think about because you wouldn't want to make a fool of yourself by doing or saying something foolish nor do you want to make a fool of yourself by being too humble. I do not think I would want to use a single breath speaking, but use that energy to return glory and praise to my Father!
I do not know what I will say, do, or how I'll act, but I do know one thing: I cannot wait to meet the One and Only God, the Creator of this earth, the Alpha and Omega, the truest, most pure Sacrifice, the One "I Am!"

How do you think you will act when finally meeting Him?

Posted byAshley C. at 3:31 PM  

2 comments:

Anonymous said... Friday, August 21, 2009 at 2:45:00 PM PDT  

when people say that dont take it heart, i dont think he/she is actually going to ask jesus/god that. If he/she is does actually ask those questions.., god/jesus im sure will have a sense of humor and joke with him back.

Unknown said... Friday, October 2, 2009 at 4:49:00 PM PDT  

Of course when this person meets the creator face to face he def wont be asking those questions what so ever. They think they will now or they were trying o be funny but of course they will be speechless

Post a Comment