Our fourth anniversary!



I feel pretty bad that I haven't gotten a chance to write about our anniversary yet! It was definitely a good one and I do not regret recreating our first date.

Now that I can say something, let me tell you what I made Josh. I thought it would be a good idea to express just how much he means to me and the affect he has had on my life in a different kind of way. I made him this tabbed scrapbook binded with 3 rings. On the front cover, I just stitched the word "Inspiration" and had some other designs, too. On the inside, I explained what the book was about and just shared some sentimental moments and followed that by different lessons that he has taught me; each lesson had its own layout, designs, pictures, and a page of journaling. I did four lessons and then I ended the book with more journaling about "What's to come." He really loved it. I put so much work into it and was afraid that it wasn't going to get done.
I also made him a CD with a bunch of songs that reminded me of our relationship: Christian songs, ghetto songs (haha!), love songs, etc. And in between each song, I voice recorded myself saying what that songs meant to me and why I put it on that CD . . . but when I went to actually make the CD, the songs transferred, but the voice recordings didn't. Bummer.
Josh bought me a new iPod! I have been needing a new one for some time now because mine was lost at Parkside, then found again, then it broke . . . it's been through a lot and I think it just decided to give up! So, I have a brand new iPod touch that I love! He loaded it with "our songs" and that was our date music. :-]

Josh picked me up and had a big ol' bear and a dozen roses for me. It was so sweet! He was wearing a polo and I was wearing a summery black shirt (like our first date!). We had plans to go to the mall and go shopping (like he did the weekend before he left for his first year of college). We went into a few stores, but Josh was getting really hungry and my feet were hurting, so we left the mall a little early. Now, the day before our anniversary, I stopped into Uno's Bar and Grill and talked to the manager; I introduced myself, told him that me and my boyfriend were celebrating our fourth anniversary and we wanted to recreate our first date, so I wanted to same table. He was all for it, I made reservations for 9:15. Josh didn't know any of this.
When we left the mall to go to Uno's, it was only 8:30. So, before we went in, I told him that the reason I was stalling and taking my time was because we had reservations for 9:15 at "our table." He was really surprised! Well, we went in early and the table was open and available. The next thing we know, the manager brings us out a rose in a vase and a Hallmark card (I'm a sucker for Hallmark)! How sweet was that?! They were all so nice and polite to us and at the end of the night, they offered us dessert on the house . . . but we were too stuffed!

It was such a sweet date and I am glad that we went the simple route. He's the sweetest guy that I have ever met and I could never imagine someone replacing him. I cannot believe that we are now on our fifth year . . . crazy how time flies when you're having fun!

Posted byAshley C. at 8:22 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment