We saved $20.53 with coupons!

Today was my second time using coupons.  I am definitely not a seasoned vet, but I think we did pretty darn good; we saved $20.53 with our coupons!  :-]  I think it is has become clear that you cannot just stick to one grocery store (Walmart, like we always do) if you want to get the good deals.  We stopped at 4 different stores, each with different sales that matched well with our coupons.  We got 3 really good deals today: 2 boxes of Special K bars for $3.50 and we got another box for free (catalina coupon), 2 bags of salad came with 2 pounds of bananas for free (catalina coupon),  and my favorite Aveeno shaving cream for .99 (manufacturer coupon), normally over $4!  We bought $60 worth of groceries (after coupons), so I think we did pretty good . . . and got our week's worth of things we needed.  :-]  I think I have been doing a really good job at impressing Josh with my new hobby haha! 

Does anybody have any good advice for using coupons? 

Posted byAshley C. at 9:55 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Monday, January 11, 2010 at 6:16:00 AM PST  

I love it. I am in total money saving mode - too. But, honestly I have never done good with the coupons. I cut them out, I just never remember to bring them. Good job :)

Post a Comment