Lots of errands and half a cake

Today has been a pretty busy day already.  Lately, I have been having such a hard time getting out of bed.  I set my alarm for 9:00, but when it goes off, I reset it for 9:30, then 10:00, and if my cell phone or nephew hasn't gotten me out of bed, I reset it for 10:30, and if . . . you get the idea.  It's just hard.  My bed it so big and comfy and warm that nothing else is more comfortable . . . especially not the cold, hard basement that calls my name to work out, sweat, yuck!  Staying in bed is the best!  But, today, when my alarm went off the second time, my mind began racing and I couldn't stop thinking of everything I had to do in a 4-hour period. 
I jumped out of bed so that I could workout, but Josh called and asked if I could talk for a little bit because he was on his break; of course I told him yes.  While we talked, I ate a protein-packed breakfast (high-protein wheat english muffin, 2 egg whites, 1 slice of cheese, and 2 slices of turkey bacon = 16 grams of protein!)  After we hung up, I tackled my 1.5 hour workout, headed to the store to buy something for Josh's birthday (tomorrow), went to Hallmark, the grocery store, and hurried home (with 30 minutes to spare before going to work) to bake half of Josh's secret birthday cake; obviously it's not completely homemade.  I say half because I am going to make it a 2-layer but because I had to go to work (and Josh can't know about the cake), I could only make 1 layer and I will make the second layer after Josh goes home tonight.
Now I'm at work.  Sometimes work is the most relaxing place to be! ;-] 

Posted byAshley C. at 1:57 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 10:05:00 AM PST  

You are such a great girlfriend!!! I am sure that Josh was luvin' his cake and his girl. Please tell him Happy (belated now) Birthday!
Miss seeing you more!

Post a Comment