Resolutions Update

My New Year's resolutions are still in gear.  As you all know, I made it my goal to 1) make it through 2 rounds of my workout (P90X) and 2) no fast food for 3 months.  Well, I am very proud to say that I still have not eaten any fast food.  I mean, Josh and I still go out to our favorite Mexican restaurant (we are known for showing up every Friday, but not so much any more) and on three different occasions, have turned to Subway.  But, other than that, we have not touched a single burger, fries, or anything else that comes in a paper bag since January 1; if you know us at all, this is huge for us!  :-]  You know what's cool though?  Last night, I had my first nightmare about me and Josh folding in and eating fast food.  And it was a nightmare.

As for the workout . . . it's going very well, but I'm just a little disappointed in the numbers.  I cannot say that I've been more impressed with the results I am seeing!  My arms and legs are a lot more toned, my tummy doesn't have as much "mushiness," and I feel more in shape.  During the first 30 days, I think I missed 3 days of the workout (which I didn't feel too guilty about).  On day 1, I weighed myself, checked my body fat, bone mass, body mass, and H2O and logged that so that I could compare those results with day 30.  Well, on day 30 (January 20), I was more than confident that I lost lots of weight and lots of body fat.  Well, the opposite happened!  Although I will not list the actual numbers (don't judge me!  Would you?! :-]), I will tell you all how much I gained: 2 pounds, 1.4% body fat, .3% H2O, and .4% body mass.  All I really cared about was the weight and the body fat percentage and I gained in both!  Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, "muscle weighs more than fat," and okay, I can accept that, but what would account for the body fat percentage increase, then?!  Oh well, at least I look and feel better.  I will not give up on this workout!  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 2:56 PM  

2 comments:

Kris said... Friday, January 22, 2010 at 6:02:00 PM PST  

I am having the same issue! Eating good, working out and sort of gaining weight rather than it falling off like I expected. What the heck?! I do feel better and the clothes seem to fit nicer, so am trying to remain positive and focus on that, but still!!! : )

piano is forever said... Monday, January 25, 2010 at 7:29:00 PM PST  

Keep at it girlie! :)

I'm sure that p90x will dramatically change ur shape. it is all about being toned, fit, and happy :) ...weight ehh is second in importance.

i'm right with you in trying to stay strict!

Post a Comment