The new go-getter

I know I'm a little late, but I realized that I didn't share my New Year's resolutions.  It wasn't intentional, heck I just feel like mine are boring and would rather listen to other people's.  So, I know that I am always telling you guys I'm going to do this, I'm going to do that, but never actually complete it.  Sometimes it's just me being the optimistic person I am.  Other times, it's me simply not doing what I thought I could.  I think that's partially why I didn't feel like I wanted to share; I don't want to seem like this big failure, because I'M NOT!  I think I'm a real go-getter, but sometimes things just get in the way.  :-]

So, what are my resolutions?  I don't know.  I really don't.  I had a few things in mind, but there are three that I think I have chosen: 1) make it through 2 rounds of P90X, 2) no fast food for 3 months, and 3) save money in unique ways.  First of all, P90X is a 3-month program, so for me to set 6 months aside really hoping to make it work is huge.  I am about to start my third week; when I did it the first time (when I originally blogged about it), I made it 1 week shy of 2 months.  I loved the results, but school and work just began getting a little too much for me to work out for an hour and a half 6 days a week.  So, now that I have a lot more time on my hands, this shouldn't be so hard.  Second, I am a fast food addict.  I eat it all of the time.  Too much.  I want to wean myself away from it, so that's why my goal is not 12 months; that would just be too unrealistic.  3 months is an easier goal to attain and maybe by April 1st, I will not want it at all.  Lastly, I stink at saving money (as I've shared before).  So, I need to practice more fun, involving tactics.  I have decided that clipping coupons is my new favorite thing to do.  Have you ever come across another blog of a mother that clips coupons and pays like $15 for a whole cart full of groceries?  That'll be me.  I clipped my first batch of coupons today and can already see myself being successful doing it!  You can seriously use manufacturer's coupons, store coupons, and mail-in rebates (triple whammy!) and save sooo much money!  I don't want to be "that girlfriend" that spends all of the money and doesn't bring anything back to the table.  Josh will thank me at the end of the year when we have receipts telling us that I saved us hundreds of dollars! 

I think this will be a fun, rewarding year.  I am setting myself up for goals that are realistic yet challenging.  Here's to all of our attempts at resolutions and the opportunities we have to try again! 

Posted byAshley C. at 10:20 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Monday, January 4, 2010 at 8:14:00 AM PST  

We should check in with each other on our goals to help keep us on track. I am on a mission - too!

Post a Comment