An "all-knowing" scanner might fix the problem!

Ever since watching The Notebook, I always have fears of becoming old and getting Amnesia (or being young and having Amnesia).  I think I'm somewhat of a paranoid person when it comes to having diseases, disorders, etc., but lately I have been really thinking about the "what-ifs."  I don't know if this is all in my mind, but I feel like I can't remember certain events so well.  Once someone says, "Remember when we went to this place or that place. . . " I can remember the event, but I am not able to readily recall the event prior to the cue.  It sounds really silly, but I often ask myself, is this a predeterminer that I am more at risk for Amnesia? 

All of this might be me just being paranoid.  I guess my forgetfulness might be due to several factors: me and Josh just do too much, I don't enjoy life while it's happening, I just don't care.  I am very good at remembering specific information, but thinking back to very broad things is hard(er).  I don't know, maybe me even writing about this is portraying that I have a real, legitimate fear of me having Amnesia or something, but it's just a concern for the future.  Am I the only one that thinks this way?  I wish there was this "all-knowing" scanner that could scan my whole body, brain, everything, and check for diseases or potential problems.  I would seriously save and pay a couple thousand dollars if it were dependable.  I would want it to scan the biggest problems, like cancer or Amnesia, to the most minute problems like possible fungal infections (which I don't have!) or allergies.  No, I am not a hypochondriac, but I let my mind wander and my fears get the worst of me.  Please, tell me I'm not in this boat on my own!  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 2:01 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment