A moment of honesty

Okay, let me take a moment and just be plain honest.  I miss Parkside. 

Last night, I decided to leave class (in Milwaukee) because I was tired.  I thought okay since it took me an hour to get here and will take an hour to get home, I better sit in class longer than 2 hours.  So, I did.  At 7:30, I left.  I just was not feeling it.  I could not sit there for 2 and a half more hours.  It felt so good to be home at 9 (and not 11) and eat dinner with Josh. 
What am I doing tonight?  Sitting at Parkside in the library doing nonsense things on the Internet.  What am I supposed to be doing?  Sitting in class in Milwaukee taking notes.  I just cannot get in the swing of sitting in class when I am supposed to be graduated working and making money.  I'm still taking classes and not working as a Social Worker like I should/want to be. 

Like I was saying, I miss Parkside.  Josh has a night class, so I figured I should come with him.  It would make me feel less guilty for not being where I am supposed to be.  Ha!  The 25 minute ride here was great!  The big parking lot and fighting for a parking spot was great.  The enormous school with long halls where you can actually stretch your legs is great.  Seeing familiar faces is great.  I miss this.  I would rather have stayed here for another semester, taking those 4 courses rather than moving on to a different school.  Now, I just have to literally force myself to stay in the classes I'm taking in Milwaukee.  I am so tempted to just stop since the position I have found and am interested in doesn't require for me to be have a certificate (or license, for that matter).  Bummer, eh?  Only 13 more weeks, only 13 more weeks, only 13 more weeks.

Posted byAshley C. at 4:30 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Thursday, January 28, 2010 at 6:23:00 AM PST  

I know it's hard, but like you said 13 wks. left and Lord knows how fast that time frame goes!!! Keep on keepin' on. And, if you need to leave early sometimes and go sit at Parkside while Josh is there so be it. Whatever helps. It's like me sneaking candy once in awhile. Ha! (it helps keep me on trek) I'm proud of you.

Post a Comment