Piece o' Cake!

No, not that ugly cake that I made Josh for his birthday, but the ride to Milwaukee.  Remember me telling you all that I wrote my will, said my final good-bye's, and ate my favorite "last" meal?  No?  Okay, because I didn't BUT I was sick to my stomach not wanting to take that drive for the first time by myself. 
As I was approaching the highway before having to merge onto the Intersate, I was praying to God, my teeth were chattering, my palms were sweating, my face was twitching, and my eyes were watering.  I got my spedometer up to 70MPH and got my nervous butt onto that 3-lane interstate . . . . and it all disappeared.  Disappeared like I was simply conjuring up the physical things that were happening to me but I wasn't; the steering wheel was steamy and my heart was finding its perfect beating pace all over again.  Before I knew it, I fit right in with the traffic, in the fast lane, driving as if I did this kind of thing every day.  55 highway miles later, I got to school safely and perfectly fine. 

As I sat in class, all I could think about was the ride home in the dark.  Well, same thing.  All went perfectly fine!  I found myself passing people up, being the more talented driver above the other people around me.  It felt so good!  I felt a sense of empowerment, knowing that I just tackled one of my biggest fears all my myself (and God's protection). 

I have officially driven to and from Milwaukee twice and I do admit that when I think about having to take that long ride by myself, my heart skips a beat and I get that tingly, weak feeling in my bladder (but without the wet, warm feeling!), but the difference now is that I know that I am in control.  :-]  Milwaukee, bring it on, baby!

Posted byAshley C. at 9:36 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment