Happy birthday, Josh!

As I mentioned in my previous blog, I made Josh a 2-layer cake.  But, it didn't turn out the way I planned.  When I turned the first layer out of the pan, it fell apart!  The stinkin' cake didn't come out as one whole piece, which made me just a little bit sad.  I had to move the cake pieces around like a puzzle and make it look at least half decent.  Well, when I turned the second layer out from the pan, it fell apart, too!  Yeah, I thought about just throwing it away, but I had an idea to make it fun.  I've made Josh a 2-layer cake before and it turned out perfect!  But of course, it would be too much to ask to make it perfect twice.  :-]  So, my idea was to take that ugly cake and run with that.  I thought it would be funny to  frost the cake really messy and stick the candles in random places crookedly; it was so much fun!  Tacky? Yes, but who cares?!  Josh loved it and that's all that matters, right?  :-]  I couldn't waste such a yummy cake just because it was ugly.  We all know that it's not nice to discriminate, eh?  :-] 

So, my baby turned 23 and we weren't really able to spend the day together.  He had class from 9-9 and I had class from 5-10 and it takes me an hour and 15 minutes to get home, so it would've been 11ish until I got home BUT our teacher let us out at 8:30!  So, I got home at 9:45 and me and Josh were able to order a pizza, stuff our faces with that beautiful cake and hang out!  It's nice to think that next year we will probably be married and not worry about "shotty" class schedules . . . only "shotty" work schedules. 



Happy birthday, my Love!  You're hotter than ever! 

Posted byAshley C. at 9:15 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment