Wisconson vs. Illinois

I'm not saying that I'm the best driver, but man, Wisconsin drivers, well . . . suck.  We are expecting a huge snow storm today through tomorrow that will result in 10-12 inches of snow.  I'll admit, that's a lot of snow, but what we had on the grounds as of 2 hours ago is not.  I drive about 25-30 minutes to school from Illinois to Wisconsin every day.  Lately, I have been saying how bad Wisconsin drivers are and today definitely confirmed it.
When it is snowing and the roads are salted (or slushy), what is so hard about driving in the existing tire tracks, getting off the gas when you start to slide, and keeping a decent distance between you and the car in front of you?  Nothing at all.  I do not understand why Wisconsin drivers think it's necessary to drive 15 under the speed limit when you are easily capable of going 5 over like Illinois drivers do/would.  People say that Illinois drivers are bad and that we drive dangerously and don't use our turning signals, blah, blah, blah, but hey, at least we drive!  Although, I do disagree about the dangerous driving.  I feel like I'm part of an elite club when I ride into Wisconsin with my Illinois license plates.  When someone is driving pretty well, I can spot it out and think to myself, "Hmm, I bet they're an Illinois driver."  They always are. 

I must admit, if I ever have to move to Wisconsin, I am afraid.  Very afraid.  It seems that once you have that ugly Wisconsin plate on your car, you're under some kind of curse.  I vow to never become like "them."

Posted byAshley C. at 10:43 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment