Ricobene hunt

Back in August, Josh and I went to the Taste of Chicago.  This was my first time going and it was not anything like I thought it would be; I'm not going to complain about all that we saw or that happened, because this post is supposed to be a happy, exciting one.  I kept seeing everyone walking around with these saucy, saucy, saucy hot chicken strips.  Anyone that knows me knows that I am a sucker for chicken, especially hot wings.  Anyway, we bought some chicken strips and they were one of the best tasting hot wing/chicken strips I've ever had. 
Well, ever since that day, I have been trying to recall the Chicago restaurant that was serving those because I wanted to go them some ASAP.  For some reason, I was craving them (very badly) and could not remember the name of the restaurant for the life of me.  Two days ago when I was getting ready for school . . . Ricobene's! popped in my head!  It was really weird, but I had this image of the napkin from the Taste of Chicago.  So . . . as sweet as he is, Josh agreed that he would take me this weekend.
After all of our shopping in Schaumburg, we were going to go find this Ricobene's place and eat dinner there (Shelly, our GPS, said there were about 5 locations, so it would be easy to find one with her assistance).  Well, Shelly led us to a place that no longer existed.  And again.  So, I called the number that I found for another Ricobene's . . . disconnected.  Called another location (frantic, fearful that this place was finito and as soon as they picked up the phone, Josh yells "Ricobene's!!"  We finally found it!  But, it was located in a South Chicago ghetto neighborhood.  The parking for the restuarant was located under a dark bridge so before we got out of the car, Josh literally prayed that God would keep a hedge of protection around us and bless the food we were about to eat (we pray over our food every meal, but twice for this particular one).  The inside of the restuarant was not dirty . . . the place is actually famous for their pizza, so imagine your typical pizza joint with an old, mafia feel to it (like Portillos).  The menu said nothing about chicken strips.  Yes, of course I asked about their strips and he said they weren't on the menu but they had them.  They were nothing like what I had in August.  They were not saucy, saucy, saucy.  So, before we left, I ordered more to take home, "Can I have them like extra, extra saucy? Please?"
My criminal boyfriend is my ultimate, girlfriend spoiling-best friend-sweetest criminal ever.  I do not think any other person would have been able to be that patient and persistent in trying to find this place that we weren't even sure even existed.  Another reason I love him! ;-]

So . . . graduation tomorrow, I guess.  Something like that.  Maybe I should accidentally sleep in . . .

Posted byAshley C. at 10:48 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Sunday, December 20, 2009 at 5:26:00 AM PST  

Now that is love!
Happy Graduation Day!!!
Proud of you.

Post a Comment