Poor, Poor Photos

For Christmas, my Lover bought me Photoshop, which I have been asking for for a long while now.  I also got a new point-and-shoot camera that I wanted (in the Nikon family, but not the DSLR that I was asking for).  I love this new camera and the quality of the pictures that it takes.  Well, I have really been thinking seriously about photos, editing, etc.  One day, I really hope to take good quality photos for family and friends (and get paid for it!).  So, I have wanted Photoshop so that I can start to get a feel of it before I purchase a DSLR and start editing those photos. 
Anyway, I have a dilemma here: I have found it very necessary to start tossing out some pictures.  I need to wean away from collecting all of the photos that I take.  I have literally hundreds and hundreds of pictures on my computer (half of which are not edit-able, very poor quality, etc.) that I do not need.  This makes me really sad.  Remember me talking about throwing away cards from people?  This is like 1 billion times worse.  I really hate to throw away pictures, but if I really think about it, I only treasure those really good, clear, fun pictures.  What use do the blurry photos have?  So . . . over the next few days, I am cleaning up files. Eeek!  After cleaning up pictures, I am going to go through and edit all of my photos.  Whew.  That'll be pretty crazy.  But it will teach my Photoshop and help me learn different techniques and styles.  I guess it's pretty exciting, but sad at the same time. 

Posted byAshley C. at 1:54 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment