It was my addiction

That's it?  I've taken my last final, all homework, papers, binders are put together and I am not excited.  Not even a little.  People keep asking, "Are you excited it's over??" and of course I say yes because that's what I'm supposed to say, right? 
On the way home from school today, it hit me.  It's over.  I have mixed feelings and here's why:
Josh and I have always said that I am going to work up until we have kids; then I can stay home and raise and teach our little babies.  I'm totally all for that.  I have thought about going to Grad school and getting my Master's Degree, but why would I spend $50,000+ if I don't plan on working and actually using the Degree?  It makes more sense to get my Social Work license (which I am still doing January-May), because it enables me to actually work and make money up until having kids without spending thousands of dollars on a pretty piece of paper.  I don't mean to sound so "snoody," but I plan on being a mom for a living, so why would I continue in school?
I think that secretly, deep down inside, school is my addiction.  I feel like What's left?  I mean, I've been in school since pre-school and I've loved it.  I've been stressed at times, but I loved it.  I love feeling rushed and down to the last minute crunches, I love procrastination.  I think it was like my high.  It made me happy in some odd, strange way.  I guess the bright side is that I will have more time to work out and sleep. 
Shhh, don't tell anyone but I'm already looking at "just-for-fun" classes.

Posted byAshley C. at 2:48 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment