How Sweet The Sound

Me and Josh went to How Sweet The Sound last night at the United Center!  Think American Idol but for church choirs.  It was so much fun.  The set up was 4 small choirs and 4 large choirs.  The people (us) got to choose the best small, best large, and overall best.  The best from each category won $5,000 and the overall best won $10,000. 
There was one choir that was absolutely amazing; the judges were literally left speechless (even the "Simon" of them all), they blew the crowd away (by far!) . . . guess who won?!  That large group!  They won best large choir and overall best.  What was so great about it was that the choir was so diverse.  Every single person had a powerful voice and knew how to show it.  I am going to link a video I just found on YouTube.  You must watch this whole video . . . this choir is very moving.  I know, whoever recorded this must have been by a person that kept screeching high-pitched because that wasn't part of the choir, I know that!  Watch them here!  I will also link the HSTS website; they will upload their professional video soon. 





During the intermission, Donald Lawrence spoke a little about what the choir sang, "God is the source of my life."  How true is that?!  These past few weeks, I have been worrying about finances and he said one thing that immediately made me feel better, "Don't forget, God is our source, not our job.  Our job is only our assignment."  Immediately, I felt pressure lifted off and realized that no matter what my circumstance is, God is going to provide . . . not my job. 
I would recommend that everyone go to the HSTS tour next year.  Tickets are VERY cheap ($5) and you'll have a great time.  God was definitely in that place.  And hey, check out those videos! :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 5:39 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Friday, October 2, 2009 at 6:27:00 AM PDT  

How Uplifting!!! I can only imagine how much more awesome it would be to hear that live. This touched me deeply this morning.

Post a Comment