Big dinners, long jackets, and new employees

I kind of had to pause my night for just a second because I felt the need to blog.  Not about anything particular, but just because it has been an interesting night. 
Me and Josh planned on going out to dinner at Olive Garden tonight since our How Sweet The Sound "date" kind of fell through (because of too much traffic) the other night.  Anywho, today Josh got a card from a friend that just moved pretty far away.  In the card, there was a gift card to Olive Garden (just a "thank-you-for-being-such-a-good-friend" card).  It worked out perfect because guess how much we had to spend . . . only $16 (not including tip)!  That's a good deal because Olive Garden is pretty expensive, especially for people that eat like me and Josh do! 
As all of us have noticed, the weather is beginning to be more Autumn-like.  Very cold, rainy, and windy.  I have a North Face fleece jacket, but I felt like I needed something a little more sophisticated and warm, so Josh said we could go and get me a nice jacket!  We went to the mall and I got a really nice long, wool Calvin Klein jacket marked at $375 for only $100.  Yeah, I'm not going to lie, money is tight, but you need a winter jacket, right?  And not to mention, that's a really good deal (and it'll last me a while since it's higher end).  Bargain hunter, yes!

One quick funny story . . . Me and Josh have a new addiction.  Oberweis ice cream.  I love, love, love their coffee toffee waffle bowl and Josh gets their hot fudge brownie sundae.  After dinner, we went and got ice cream.  Their new employees wear this "I'm new" badge (kind of embarrassing!).  Well, when we pulled up to the window, the "new" kid gave us our ice cream.  I asked Josh if he can ask the kid to put some toffee bits on there because there weren't any.  So he nervously said, "Oh yeah, I knew I was forgetting something."  So, he puts some toffee on the ice cream.  When he came back, he brought our drinks to the window, his arm knocked my glass bottle over, spilled half of it all over the counter, it's fizzing all over the place, and then said, "Do you really want a new one?" Umm, yes, I want a new one . . . did he plan on giving me a half-empty, flat Diet Coke?  When he ran back to get a new one, I couldn't help but laugh and ask Josh to tip the kid.  He completely embarrassed himself and was new.  So, Josh tipped him $5 and the kid's face lit up!  I was really happy we did that.  Poor kid.

It's raining outside and nothing could be more perfect than cuddling and a movie! 

Posted byAshley C. at 8:36 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment