Clean Teeth, Intricate Body

I had to go get my teeth cleaned today.  I really dread getting my teeth cleaned for several reasons.  I would rather get a filling than a cleaning.  I'm not going to lie, I don't floss.  I hate flossing.  I mean, I will floss if something gets stuck (like chicken or corn! LOL), but not for any other reason.  So, as you could imagine, when I go get my teeth cleaned, they scrape, and poke, and torture me.  Very painful.  But . . . I love getting my teeth cleaned for two reasons: 1) I spoil myself with a nice, brand new toothbrush until the next time I go in and 2) my teeth squeak!

As most of you know, one of my majors is Psychology.  This semester I am taking a Sensation and Perception class.  It is pretty much a physiology class focusing on our senses.  We just finished learning about the eye and just moved onto the brain.  My school is a very liberal school, so it's hard to be a Christian standing up and sharing your oh-so-conservative thoughts.  I cannot understand at all how after studying the intricacies of the eye, someone can still be convinced that it all came from evolution.  How can someone not be moved by the make-up of the eye? 
Not only that, but the brain!  The brain is so interesting!  God has created His beings so interestingly and I do not think we will ever be able to fully understand everything that's in there.  But, did you know that it is possible to "plant" memories about yourself that never happened?  With careful deception, someone could plant things (very detailed "things") in your brain and make you think they happened when they never really did.  Psychologists are now working on ways to suppress memories as well.  Also, did you know that you can temporarily disable parts of your brain leading to temporary disabilities?  With a high-tech magnet, you could temporarily disable your ability to read, speak, talk, and even give yourself temporary dementia.  I don't know about you, but this stuff absolutely amazes me.  I think that our bodies are very sensitive, complicated things that can be easily messed up if we aren't careful with them.  So many different studies can be done (and are being done!) and I can guarantee you that if someone donated their live body to science, psychologists alone could mess them up, majorly!  It is some pretty scary stuff, but God created our bodies to impress us . . . to be images of Himself.  If you really knew the intricacies that our bodies held, you could not help but look for an answer (or supreme being) further than what science can explain!

Evolution?  Amoebas?  Please!!

Posted byAshley C. at 5:31 PM  

1 comments:

Sukku said... Sunday, October 11, 2009 at 4:47:00 PM PDT  

Nice article Ashley but I have a request, could you please change the font color as it hurts the eye, when I am reading. Its just a request.....

Post a Comment