Life's a Moose

As I was talking with someone today about everyday financial and emotional struggles, I realized something:  Life's a Moose.  We have all read the book, "If You Give a Moose a Muffin" when we were growing up, so you all know what I'm talking about.  Life is full of unexpectancies and consequences (both, good and bad) but it's life! 

It's funny how often we don't have money, but we still spend it.  Sometimes it's so difficult to find the "silver lining," but it's still found.  We often complain about life's bad circumstances, but it's always outweighed with good reasons.  We can never have enough, yet we still find ways to appreciate what we do have. 
All of that reminded me of that childhood book because it seems just like giving a moose a muffin; he will ask for jelly to go with it.  Then he'll ask to make more muffins.  Then he will make a big mess.  It's all a snowball effect.  With each "problem" comes another, but it's all about your perspective.  If we complain and bicker about our situation, then the outcome is going to be even worse.  We will hardly ever find joy and happiness in life's lessons. 
We can look at that moose and complain about his mess.  We can run from potential requests the moose may have.  OR  We can have fun with the moose and enjoy the mess he has made.  We can give the moose what he's asked for. 

I think it's silly when people take life so seriously.  We just need to enjoy what's at hand and learn the lessons that are to be learned.  I'm not going to lie, I have not learned how to save money.  I always spend money I don't have.  I haven't learned exactly where the silver lining is all the time.  I worry.  I complain.  I often feel like a lot isn't enough.  But the key is that I'm having fun with life.  I am learning the outcomes of my decisions.  I am learning that life is meant to enjoy.

When a moose asks for a muffin, don't hesitate.  You'll have a blast and learn a lot when you do!

Posted byAshley C. at 2:59 PM  

2 comments:

Kris said... Friday, October 23, 2009 at 6:53:00 PM PDT  

Funny! I have never heard of that book and I do think I am one of those people that takes life waaaay too seriously!!!

Ashley C. said... Saturday, October 24, 2009 at 9:35:00 AM PDT  

Andrew has all of those books, so I'll have to bring 'em for you! They are so cute! We both take life seriously but we enjoy it. That's all that matters. ;-]

Post a Comment