I can't wait

You already know that Josh and I have been together for quite some time (well, nearly 5 years to be more clear), and I talk a lot about being engaged to him.  Okay, maybe not on here because I don't want to seem like a crazy, mad, obsessive woman, but ask the people I encounter on a regular basis.  ;-] 

Today, I told Josh, I really can't wait until we're engaged!  and he replied, "And then when we're engaged, you'll say 'I can't wait until we are married.'"  So I laughed and told him, Yeah, you're right.  Of course, since he knows me so well, he tells me, "Then, when we're married, you'll be saying, 'I can't wait to have babies!'" Haha, then I'll be saying that I can't wait until these babies are out of the house and we're on our own again.  Here's the scary part:  Josh finishes by telling me, "And then, when our babies are out of the house and we're old together, you'll tell me 'I can't wait until we're in heaven together.'" 

I guess, that last part is probably very true, but very scary at the same time.  I'm always looking forward to the next big thing, the next life-changing event to occur and I'm kind of overlooking what's in front of me now.  Josh and I are sooo happy together, and sure, being married will enable us to do a lot more, but what's wrong with living in the now, right now?  Times flies and I don't want to be one of those old people that look back on their lives and say "Where did it all go?"  I want to look back at my life and be completely satisfied with everything and know that God's timing in my life was nothing less than perfect.  You know what the cool thing about what Josh said is though?  That God will create a whole new earth, and that means that Josh and I will be able to live for eternity.  Together.  There will be no I can't wait for this.  I can't wait for that.  God will make us perfect beings and living solely by His will.  I told Josh that means that we can have lots and lots and lots of babies since there will be no pain in Heaven.  :-] 

Posted byAshley C. at 7:46 PM  

1 comments:

Anonymous said... Wednesday, August 11, 2010 at 7:34:00 AM PDT  

OMG what Josh said was sooo swee lol cant wait till they get out of the house ahaha***

Post a Comment