Family time!

Well, after 5 years, I think I'm in . . . kinda, sorta, semi.  Maybe.  Josh's mom snapped at him when he went to the family reunion without me.  It was pretty awesome.  I was at work when Josh told me that after I get off, me and Errika need to hurry up and get there because the family wants to meet me; that caught me off guard because I was not expecting to go at all.  Josh has a rather large family (7 aunts and uncles, I think?) and I've never met any of them since they are all so scattered but it felt good meeting all of the people that he always talks about.  It was really cool to meet them and it was cool to have my best friend there with me to "break me in" since it was only going to be me and Josh the following day.  It was nice to have a day with Errika, but it felt more . . . I don't know . . . intimate with just Josh and me. 
Josh's family is a Christian family and I think that is a really beautiful thing.  From what I know of, there is not a single person in my family that is a Christian, so to see a family having the most important thing in common is awesome.  Josh and I were talking about how valuable it is to be sure that you instill your Christian values and morals into your kids strongly so that you aren't losing it from generation to generation.  You want the values to be just as strong as great, great grandma's and that doesn't "just happen."  I thought it was cool, too that Josh's family seems very family-oriented.  They said that twice a year, a family newsletter will come out and any big news and information will be in there.  Come on, what family has a newsletter?  On top of all that, there is a family reunion every 2 years.  I really hit the jackpot, eh?  :-]  Maybe at the next reunion . . . never mind. ;-]   

I really wish I had the time to edit some of the photos from the reunion, but honestly, I didn't have time.  Not long, some will be posted!  :-]

Next weekend will kind of be a tiny reunion for me and some of my dad's side of the family.  Me and Errika are taking a road trip to Michigan for my cousin's wedding.  Since Josh's union is currently on strike, there is a slight chance that he will be going with us!  Errika and I planned for just the two of us, but having Josh tag along will be cool, too since he has never met any of my family.  I can't wait to see what happens!  :-]  At this point, maybe I should be saying my sister, Errika, huh?   

Posted byAshley C. at 8:35 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment