"I think you look just fine."

Today, my niece turns 6 years old and I have to admit that she's taught me a couple valuable things today.

1)  As I was blow-drying my hair, she was asking me, "Do you have to do this every day?"  I replied, Yup, can't leave the house with my hair is a big, frizzy mess.  And she said, "Well, life must get boring then."  I found this really cool because she's so right; as adults, we've made our lives too repetitive.  Day in and day out.  Everything is so routine . . . if I did leave the house with my hair in a big, frizzy mess my life probably would have been a little more interesting today.  Variety is the spice of life, right?  :-]

2)  Today I was trying on a new shirt that I just got and my niece was in my room hanging out with Josh and I kept asking Josh, Are you sure this doesn't look too tight?  It doesn't make my stomach look fatter?  And in her sweet voice, she said, "Auntie, I think you look just fine.  Don't change your shirt, it's pretty."  This touched me because she's so young that she doesn't see those kinds of things.  She sees something that looks nice within her own standards, and not according to those of society.  Oh, and just for the record, I didn't change my shirt . . . only because of her sweet compliment.  :-]   

Posted byAshley C. at 3:42 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment