Summer's a bad influence!

Don't worry!  I made it back from Michigan alive (well, it was a close one!).  Remember me telling you about the Summer being a thief and stealing time?  Yeah, well, I don't see an end in sight with its thiefing!  Speaking of Summer, I've been feeling a little bit of pressure to lose weight, look thinner, feel better.  So, in order to conquer those things, I don't know what I was thinking, but I thought it was a good idea to start the Atkins diet.  It sounded like a good idea since you can look 15-20 pounds in a month (and I only want to lose 20!).  On top of that, I just started a 4-week bootcamp at the gym I work at.  With doing both things to my body, I was guaranteed to end this month looking like a Victoria's Secret model.  Or something close.  Okay, maybe not.  But, I was willing to give it a shot.  I made it through the diet 1 day but continued hearing and reading stories about people that lost all of the weight but immediately gained it back plus some.  I do not want to run my body through the ringer doing something so extreme.  Plus, the Atkins isn't teaching me a "healthy lifestyle;" all that it is, is a crash-diet.  So, instead I figured that it would probably be a better idea to watch what I eat, drinks lots and lots of water, no fast-food, no eating past 7 p.m., and working out regularly.  Now, that is something that I can do forever.  I love me some fried chicken, bread, pasta, popcorn, etc. and I am not willing to give those things up for a lifetime.  I want to enjoy life and enjoy the unexpected events that occur and not be so hard on myself for eating a piece of fruit. 

Hmm . . . speaking of unexpected events happening, I can't believe that me and Josh will be celebrating our 5-year anniversary in a little less than 1 month!  He's planning this one since I planned the last one!  Man, it's really exciting and scary!  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 8:27 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment