Soaking in sweat

For the past week, our air conditioner has not been working.  That wouldn't be such a bad thing if the weather weren't in the mid-90s all week.  I've contemplated begging Josh to rent a hotel room for me.  Going a week without a shower (since I'll sweat right away anyway!).  Sleeping outside on the table.  But then I realized that after I make it through this, I'll finally be prepared for the real world (and probably a little stinky, too)!  My step dad has been calling this same company every day since last Sunday and they keep saying "Oh, there's a waiting list.  We'll call you back."  But, without fail, we keep going to bed sweaty and irritated.  Finally, yesterday Josh texted me and asked if mom would get mad if I had an AC hanging out of my window.  I told him no, but a portable one would be cooler!  But I followed that text by another saying that the guy will be here Friday, I'll be gone, and it will be a waste of money.  So, he just brought back a twin window fan.  Sweet!  It has temperature settings for automatic on and off.  I ran that thing for probably 2 hours before we noticed lots of gnats flying around my ceiling fan light.  Lots.  Yup.  The fan sucked all of the outside gants inside my room.  That means that we had to find a way to get them out of my room (No!  I did not turn my light off, leave my door open, and turn the hallway light on!  What kind of person do you think I am?!).  Not to mention, the fan got turned off and I cried myself to sleep, soaking in my sweat.

The busy, busy central air guy will be here tomorrow afternoon.  I will be gone tomorrow morning.  Hopefully to a place as cold as ice.

Posted byAshley C. at 3:52 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment