choo choo twains and sunny days

I don't really get to see my handsome nephew anymore since he and his mommy moved out of our home; so, when I do get to see him, you better believe all of my attention and energy are focused on him.  Since, mommy was working this weekend, we had the honor to watch (and spoil) him.  I don't know if I've mentioned before, but this little bugger is obsessed with "choo choo twains."  So, me, my mom, and step-dad took him on the train to Chicago and headed to Navy Pier.  And as if the hour train ride wasn't enough, when we got to Navy Pier, the first thing he spotted was the Thomas the Train ride.  He rode that.  3 times.
I don't know how we managed to do it, but we got him on the ferris wheel . . . he loved it, but would not let us let go of him to sit him next to us.  I don't blame him; that ferris wheel feels like it's miles high.  So, in my opinion, he was actually pretty brave. :-]  I got lots of pictures, but since the loss, I can't load them on here. :-[

Yesterday, we took him to the county fair.  He saw and got to pet the pigs, goats, and horses (cows. haha, still working on that!).  A couple months ago, he went to another fair and played that game where you throw the balls into the small jars and can win a goldfish; he won a goldfish and surprisingly, it is still alive.  When you ask him where you got the fish, he says "That's my fish. Throw balls!"  Well, of course, they had a couple of those booths set up and he insisted on playing that game.  Needless to say, after $10, we didn't go home with a fish this time.  While at the fair, he rode the carousel and a car-ish carousel (4 times!).  He probably would have ridden the twain ride a bajillion times if I didn't convince him it was broken (thank goodness his balloon popped and grabbed his attention when it came riding passed us!).  Since we spent so much time dilly-dallying around, we missed the demo derby show.  He would have really enjoyed that, but maybe next year. ;-]  The sun probably wore him out anyway after sitting in it for 2 straight days. 

And I thought I'd give you an update: the insurance said we should have the itemized list and a check in the mail by early this week!  Yay!  Oh, and Josh said that we are separating the money that we get back from each of our stolen items because he "needs it for something."  Hmm . . .?  It's most likely not what I think it is, but it's fun to entertain the thought. ;-]  This means that I'll have a new laptop hopefully by next week!  Then, back to rebuilding my photo albums since they were all stolen. ;-[

Posted byAshley C. at 11:33 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment