My guy

The other day, one of the girls here, at the salon, let me borrow a book called Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man.  It's a book very similar to Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.  I bought the book a couple of years ago when I took the train with my mom to Michigan.  It was a very interesting book and something that I was easily able to "get into," but it kind of made me think a little.

I don't know about your boyfriends or husbands, but there is no book that can tell me why mine acts or thinks the way he does.  I don't mean that in a demeaning way, I say that and mean that my guy is not the same that these so-called "Psychologists" have studied or hung around.  My guy is one-of-a-kind, unique.  My guy is one that knows and loves God and tries his darndest to reflect the attitude of Christ.  My guy is one that knows exactly how to read me and does not fight in order to figure it out.  My guy is one that is not in it for the sex but for a reciprocating kind of love.  My guy does not act differently in front of family or friends but loves and treats me the same whether in front of an audience of 10 or 1.  My guy knows how to communicate what he wants or needs from our relationship.
With that being said, I think those kinds of books are a little useless.  When I read the Mars/Venus book, the only thing I got out of it was that if I try to understand Josh more than I can at the present moment, I am only becoming confused and expecting things from our relationship that do not exist simply because he is not them.  I learned that I will only be able to understand and know what Josh wants, needs, or feels if we communicate with each other.  The books are basically saying that you can walk up to a stranger, not say a thing, and not know a single thing about them and be able to have a strong, enduring relationship because you simply read 300 pages in a book about the male race.  Nope.  Doesn't work that way. 

I love my unique guy.  He is different than yours, that's for sure.  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 6:13 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Monday, May 10, 2010 at 6:49:00 AM PDT  

You do have an amazing man! There is nothing like the love of a good man.

Post a Comment