Jealousy and confidence

It seems like ever since I got my camera, it has been consuming my life.  I keep having photography dreams, I am constantly thinking Ooo that might work! or I wonder if I did 'X' wrong.  It's actually pretty annoying.  My mind has been taken over!  Haha, I suppose it's okay since I was begging for my camera for quite a while, but whoa!  I've been reading up on photography blogs getting tips and tricks (all of which seem like an entirely different language to me!) and hoping that I'll be able to apply it to my photography soon enough.  I'm also trying to get myself familiar with Photoshop, too (which I also begged for, got for Christmas, and has been left untouched since!); the program is sooo intimidating that it scares me off.  I've come across some very informational blogs and hope to continue referring to them in the future . . . that's if I can actually get some understanding from my camera's User's Manual! 
There is a bright side to all of this, though.  I admitted to Josh that when I look at other's photos, I have a bit of jealousy and really, really hope that one day I'll be just as good, but when I look back at my recent photos, I am actually very content with the quality (with it being my first time and all).  One thing that I am really hoping and wishing for is that I'll have just enough knowledge to take my friend Errika's maternity pictures (if she's up for it) before the little thing shows it's face!  I've seen some really cute ideas and think that I'll be able to pull it off.  :-]  I've got 4 months (I think) to practice . . . with the rate I'm going now, I'm actually feeling rather confident.  Wish me luck!

P.S.: My cousin is really good with photography and when he took a look at my photos, he told me, "I like your album.  Some really good stuff! . . . You've definitely got a great eye for framing and composition, so you're off to a good start."  :-]

Posted byAshley C. at 5:35 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment