Dreaming

Life is always giving you lemons, but who says you have to make lemonade?  I've been learning more and more that life does not go as planned.  As a little girl, I've dreamt about growing up with both of my parents raising me, both of them being in my life every single day.  I've dreamt about dressing up like a princess and going to prom with my high school sweet heart.  I've dreamt that I will meet this handsome blonde-haired  fairytale-like man that will sweep my off of my feet.  I've thought about how nice it would be to get engaged during my senior year of college.  I've dreamt about graduating college and getting a high-paying job right away. 
I'm dreaming about how great it would be to be engaged and be married by next summer.  I'm dreaming about how great it would be to have a perfect, financially stable marriage.   I'm dreaming about starting a family very soon and having at least 4 kids.  I'm dreaming about being able to raise my kids and homeschool them until they are ready for college. 
BUT, life has not given me any of what I used to dream about and I highly doubt that life will hand me what I expect from it now.  I used to think that those things were perfect and that if they never happened, my life would come to a screeching halt and I must say, I'm doing mighty fine.  :-]  I must also say that I love my life and I would not change a single thing about it.  I'm just going through the motions and appreciating the unexpectedness.  It's funny how society has painted us this picture of what life should be and if it doesn't turn out that way, we have either failed or we just haven't tried hard enough.  Well, I sure am glad that I am not a cookie-cutter product that society expects me to be.  What fun would that be?! 

Posted byAshley C. at 4:46 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment