His first trip

Today when I woke up, my mom came in my room and asked me if I wanted to take Andrew (my nephew) to go see Shrek 3 with her.  I thought to myself, Hmm . . . skip my work out and tanning and go see a movie?  Actually, it was a harder decision than you would think because I promised myself that if I don't work out, I will not tan.  I held myself up to that and decided no workout, no tanning and yes to a movie with my sweet nephew. 
This was his first trip to a movie theater, so I was pretty excited for his excitement.  Get what I'm saying?  He kept saying, "Titi, mobie 'n pahcorns, pahcorns."  Since he wasn't feeling too well, I knew that we had a possibility of one of two outcomes: 1) He would throw the world's worst tantrum when he started to get bored, or 2) he would be an angel.  Fortunately he decided he would choose the latter of the two.  He watched the first 25 minutes of it and told me, "Titi, all done. Up."  I picked him up and set him on my lap and he was knocked out!  We enjoyed the movie just like all of the other little kids there while he had his big ol' cranium crushed against my collar bone, drool spilling down my shirt, and his shoe digging in my shin.  Honestly, I wouldn't have traded his vulnerability-induced cuddliness and that Titi-needing moment for any other.  :-]    Ahh . . . I'm proud to be his "Titi."

Posted byAshley C. at 1:12 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment