I know He will provide for me

Things are happening a little too fast.  I like fast, but not this fast.  Since I will be a Social Worker in May (so crazy!), I need to find some Social Work job openings.  I have had my current job for 2 and a half years and I've never been happier.  I love everything about my job.  But, I am not in school to be a receptionist, so I need to get these gears grinding in my brain and put what I've learned to use in a different kind of setting.

I previously mentioned that my boss, Krissy talked to a woman named Lisa who works at a local business that provides jobs and residential assistance to mentally ill individuals.  Lisa is a client at the salon, so she knew who I was.  Ever since Krissy talked to Lisa, Lisa and I have been corresponding back and forth through e-mail, and when she comes in for her appointments, about the business she works for and about me working there.
I was checking their website multiple times a day for a Case Management position to open up, but nothing was posted.  Lisa recommended that I just come in and apply for Case Management although there wasn't a listing posted.  I told myself  that I would go in and apply Wednesday and Tuesday night a Case Management position was listed!  What a crazy coincidence, right?  Well, I finally mustered up the courage and confidence and went in to apply.  Lisa was such a sweetheart and set aside some time to give me a tour and introduce me to some people (including some head-honchos!).  Since I worked there temporarily as a 14-15 year old, I was familiar with some of the people and things she showed me.  She also re-introduced me to some of my old supervisors.  She tried to introduce me to the CEO and the person in charge of hiring, but both were in a meeting; that would have been a huge bonus, huh?!  Anyway, while walking around there, I totally remembered why it was that I loved working there.  The clients are amazing and the employees are so loving and real.  I really, really hope I get this job; it would be perfect for me at this time in my life!

The way things have been coming along so smoothly and things have fallen into place so perfectly, I would like to this it's God.  I have been praying and asking God to bless me if this is for me or allow for other doors to open if it's not.  I vowed not to worry about it and just to let God have His hands in it . . . I know He will provide for me if I trust in Him, so that's just what I am going to do. 

Posted byAshley C. at 8:17 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment