"I'll always love us."

There is something beautiful about the weather "breaking."  Something that makes a love feel new and fresh.  Josh and I are in love in so many different unexplainable ways, but when warm Spring weather begins to show it's face, there is something that makes our love feel new and magical.
After I got off of work yesterday, Josh and I went to get Culver's for dinner (and man, has it never tasted sooo good!) and drove to the lakefront to go rollerblading.  The whole way there, we had the windows down, the music up, and were singing out loud with our fingers linked . . . a magic that made us feel like a new, carefree couple.  Because the weather hasn't been nice (at all!), this was kind of our first chance to get back on our rollerblades and it felt so good!  The warm breeze off of the lake was wonderful! 
After some time skating, we took a seat on a bench and were watching and admiring this cute pregnant woman walking by the pier and talking about how we can't wait until we are in that chapter of our lives.  It began getting a little too chilly from the lake, so we headed back to the car.  I was kind of sad about leaving, because I didn't want to leave that magic there, on the lake.  I know he felt what I was feeling and in order to remind us that that is who we are, no matter what season, he grabbed me by my waist and gently pushed me against the car and kissed me slowly, without words, telling me, "I'll always love us" . . . it felt so new and unreal . . . until a couple of young kids shouted, "Wooo look at that!"  Nice.  :-]
I can deal with this whole warm weather thing. ;-]

Posted byAshley C. at 1:48 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment