Michigan Trip!

I'm back from Michigan!  I have to say that I had a great time, but like they say, "home, sweet home."  I had a great time meeting my Aunt and cousins again . . . it was kind of cool to be able to be with the same exact people, but at a whole different point in each of our lives.  No doubt about it, we are all different people than we were before (it's inevitable!).  I did not take any pictures because I forgot to charge my little camera and I did not want to pull out my honkin' camera unless I was completely comfortable and I wasn't haha!  I think it was more me being uncomfortable with the camera and my lack of skill, but whatever.  :-]  I spent lots of time talking with my Aunt, which I really enjoyed.
The worst part of the trip?  The trip home!  I woke up at 5:40 (4:40 Illinois time) since I had to be at the train station at 6:45.  I was supposed to arrive in Chicago at 11:59 which was perfect because the train from Chicago to my town left at 12:35; this was the perfect amount of time to walk the two blocks with my big ol' suitcase.  Well, I didn't arrive in Chicago until 12:30 and I knew immediately that I would not be able to get off the train, out of the station, walk 2 blocks and purchase my next ticket in 5 minutes.  It wouldn't have been so bad if the next train left sooner than 4:15!  Luckily, Josh was working near Chicago and got off at 2:00, so he just drove to Chicago and picked me up.  What does that mean?  I had to sit.  In the train station.  For 2 hours.  Hungry.  Tired.  Cranky as all get out.  When Josh finally got there, he told me that when he isn't driving (at a light, or in traffic), getting airflow through the engine, his car begins to overheat.  Well, of course, we got stuck is a lot of traffic on the way home.  So, I suggested turning the heat on since it will pull heat out of the motor.  What was I thinking?  This ended up making me even more irritated and uncomfortable.  We decided that he would take a shower at my house while I unpacked, we'd go grab dinner at Lone Star, and then come home and crash.  We fell asleep at about 8:00 and I didn't wake up again until 2:30 when it was time for him to go home.  I went back asleep until 8:30 and I feel so great and refreshed!  :-]

I will never take a train again!  I am going back to Michigan in about 4 weeks again for my cousin's wedding.  Thank goodness I've great an amazing best friend that will drive there with me and be my date.  :-]  It will be about a 5.5-6 hour drive and kudos to her for wanting to stick that out while being a little over 5 months pregnant.  I think it will be a blast and it's funny that she will meet my Couch family before Josh!  Hmm . . . maybe I'll be engaged in time to show off my new bling!  ;-]

Posted byAshley C. at 8:43 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment