Hello, Monday!

I don't think I could have asked for a better Monday.  I should have known it was going to be a great day . . .
Yesterday, me and Josh were taking a cat nap and I woke up to him holding me, whispering.  I jumped up and said, "huh?" and he gently grabbed my head and laid it back down.  The closer I listened, I realized he was praying.  It really was the most beautiful thing I have ever heard or seen.  He was praying for us, praying for me . . . praying.  It was so amazing because he was praying aloud, while I was sleeping.  I could not ask for a more devoted, loving boyfriend.

I was able to sleep in this morning because with my P90X, it is either a stretch or relax day . . . I took advantage of the extra sleep.  As I was getting ready, I decided to check my Facebook.  I got a message from Melissa who was thanking me for a package I sent to her and her group in Africa.  I have a friend that I used to work with a couple years ago; he is on a long/short-term missions trip in Kenya with 7 others.  Last month, me and Josh thought it would be a blessing if we sent them a big box and just spoiled them a little.  A few dollars later, we realized that we would not be able to afford sending the package express . . . so, it could take up to 8 months to get there.  Well, Melissa sent me a message this morning thanking us for the gifts we sent!  It only took a month to get there!
 
On top of that, right when I pulled in the school parking lot, there was a close spot open!  I don't know if I have mentioned this before, but I leave for school an hour and a half early because 45 minutes of it is spent driving around in circles, looking for a spot.  I just pulled right in!  The school day went by so smoothly and during my break, I went down to Student Records.  It is official.  Etched in stone.  I am graduating December 20th!  All of my classes are cleared, all of the paperwork and academic appeals are taken care of! 

To make my Monday even better, I had coffee with a friend that I haven't talked to in a while.  What I love about Nina is that she is open-minded.  She is open and willing to listen to what a Christian has to say and is not talking badly about it 10 minutes later.  Last week, me and Josh ordered her a really cute pink Bible that she loves and appreciates . . . and actually understands (thank goodness for The Message!).  We talked about God, praying, and boys of course!  It was refreshing to be able to sit down and talk with someone that you feel is a good investment of time and energy and is listening and interested in what you have to say.

After I get off work, I don't mind what me and Josh do . . . he is the ultimate "Best-Monday-Topper-Offer!"

Posted byAshley C. at 4:52 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment