Any Car I Want!

My car is officially paid off!  After a long 5 years, I no longer have a car payment.  I am so grateful for that.  But, the only problem is that my car is a '99 . . . completely depreciated in value.

One of my New Year's resolutions was to get a new car.  My goal was to bust my butt, work hard, and be able to get my new car by September.  Definitely not happening.  I saved up enough money for a decent down payment, plus had an amount that I was going to sell my car for; of course, things come up.  Me and Josh pretty much share all of our money at this point.  It actually works very well because when I don't have money, he does, and vice-versa.  We are always there to catch each other, so to speak.  Well, Josh's car has decided it was going to start finding every little thing that can go wrong and act upon it.  I'm not going to be some inconsiderate girlfriend that buys a new car while her boyfriend is driving a clunker . . . so I won't.

I know that Josh appreciates it and sees that he has a smart, considerate girlfriend and that makes me feel good.  I told Josh that I will not get a new car until we are financially ready for something like that.  Neither of us have run out of options . . . we both have a running vehicle that God has blessed us with and we need to acknowledge that.  I'm not going to lie, I have felt impatient and spontaneous at times, but he's there to tell me the reality of our situation! :-]  He told me that if I patiently wait, after we get married and are ready for big purchases, he will buy me any car off the lot that I want.  He doesn't lie!  You better believe I am going to patiently wait!  Josh knows best when it comes to this kind of stuff and I feel security in knowing that.

So, until my car breaks down and decides to never start again (or until after we're married) I will be driving around what God has blessed me with.  For the time being, I have one less bill after all.  Can't argue with that!

Posted byAshley C. at 5:23 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment