Fall is my absolute favorite!

It's almost Fall!  I have to admit, I love Fall way more than any other season.  Summer's too hot.  Spring's too unpredictable.  Winter is too cold.  Fall is just perfect.  There is something comforting about Fall more than anything else.  I cannot point out only one thing I love about fall, so I'm going to blabber on about what I love about it!

-Coming home from church, throwing on sweatpants and cuddling on the couch to watch football.
-Time for hoodies.
-The beautiful colors of leaves.
-Raking the leaves that never stop falling.
-Lighting Yankee Candle's pumpkin spice or macintosh.
-Baking pumpkin pies and pumpkin rolls . . . or any Fall dessert for that matter.
-Staying in on weekends, renting movies, and ordering pizza.
-Believe it or not, the heavy course load (for school).
-Going for walks until our cheeks get too cold.
-Carving pumpkins and baking the seeds.
-Making warm, comforting soups.
-Putting cute little pumpkins on the front porch and hanging our scarecrow on the front door.
-The way it starts getting dark so early.
-Thanksgiving dinners . . .
- . . . and the Day-After-Thanksgiving sales!
-Going through huge corn mazes with friends.
-Eating "Affy Tapples."
-Sleeping with my window open and space heater on (shh!).
-Bonfires and s'mores.
-Costume parties

I could keep going!  Is anyone else with me on this, or am I the only "crazy" one that isn't absolutely in love with Summer?  Fall officially begins on September 22nd . . . bring it!  I promised myself that I will not light any Fall candles, put my (pumpkin) Yankee Candle car freshener in my car, or order any pumpkin desserts until then; everyone else's eagerness is making it hard haha!
Josh and I decided that as soon as the leaves in Northern Wisconsin begin to change, we will take the 5-hour drive up and enjoy the scenery for the weekend.  I keep asking him every day, "How will we know?" but he said not to worry, so I wont! ;-]

Posted byAshley C. at 3:33 PM  

1 comments:

Kris said... Friday, September 18, 2009 at 6:37:00 AM PDT  

Fall is my favorite - too. I love everything about it. Summer is overrated. Thank you for Saturday. I really want to be there when she goes and if it's not today, I don't want to get a call at work tomorrow. Plus, all the family will be here today. I appreciate it more than you could know. Thank you, thank you!!!

Post a Comment