Lessons Learned

This past week, I have really been pressing in and doing a little bit of "soul searching" I guess you could call it. I have had several conversations with others about God's grace and His awesomeness and have really learned a lot about who I am and who my God is.

I have learned . . .

-That life is worthless if not being lived for God.
-Life is possible without God, but it is empty and meaningless.
-When you really seek God's will in your life, it will be revealed.
-When God's will is revealed to you and you listen, nothing but good comes out of it.
-The only battle worth fighting for in life is the battle that puts your relationship with God at stake; God handles the rest.
-Friends are a blessing from God and should be treated that way.
-Simply, life is what you make it.
-No prayer has ever fallen short of God's ears.
-That forgiveness isn't for the other person, it is for the satisfaction you'll find in your relationship with God.
-When you start your day in God's Word and go through the day in prayer, God has favor in you.
-If you can't forgive yourself, you are telling God that His forgiveness and grace are insufficient.
-When you have an urge to pray, that is God's spirit prompting you.
-Talk less, listen more.
-God gives and takes away . . . both are unfathomable blessings.
-I will never be able to fully understand God . . . faith is required.
-When God speaks and you ignore Him, you're in trouble.
-Christian friends are a must.

I really cannot remember the last time I have searched for God the way that I am now. I deeply regret trying to go through life without Him, and think that I can get through on my own; God has been waiting. It has been my prayer this week that God would guide me by His Spirit and that I would be able to truly seek Him and listen for His voice. God has never spoken to me so loudly.
The Christian blogging community has been a huge inspiration to me. I have finally been able to see that I can never have the characteristics of those godly women on my own, but only through God's guidance.

Lord, forgive me for being so foolish.

Posted byAshley C. at 3:25 PM  

1 comments:

piano is forever said... Wednesday, July 1, 2009 at 8:49:00 AM PDT  

Great soul searching ! :)

Post a Comment