Naughty, Naughty, Goody-Two-Shoes

When I said that I was serious about working out, I was serious. No more being lazy.

I woke up, did some homework, and got bored, so I started looking at stuff online. That always turns into something bad. Nothing good ever comes out of me being bored and sitting online. Actually, I did something really bad. Josh and I both love the Yankees. They are our favorite MLB team. I went on the Yankees website and was looking at tickets for when they will be in Chicago. July 30-August 2. I bought tickets. Josh doesn't know about it yet. I figured that since they were good seats, why wait? They might sell out by the time Josh decides to by them. I mean, we were going to go to a game this summer anyway, right? I'm kind of afraid to tell him.

After spending $130 on 2 Yankees tickets, I decided that I had to make it up to myself and do something that would make it easier to tell Josh. Sprinkle some sugar on top, if you will. I hate running outside. There is something about it that makes my teeth hurt and my lungs feel like they are being pinched. I ran a mile outside. Huge accomplishment for me. I could run forever on a treadmill, but for me to run outside is like pulling teeth (and it feels like it, too!). I texted Josh, "I may have just done something really bad. Can't talk about it, going for a run. BYE!" Whew, got that out of the way.

The run was not bad at all. I think I might make it a routine. I am trying my hardest to lose these last few stubborn pounds. I know that they won't come off easily, so I am going to have to work at it. After my run, I went to McDonalds and bought a large Diet Coke. Yum! So refreshing! So really, that was two good things I did to make up for the bad. I ran a mile and resisted some tasty food. Josh oughta be proud!

So, I have officially decided that I want to take acoustic guitar lessons. I have been wanting to do that for so long and I have settled on the decision. I am doing it. Josh's cousin teaches lessons for pretty cheap, so I am going to have to save up some money for an acoustic guitar and sign myself up! A friend of mine is going to do them with me, so that'll make it interesting. Someone to hold me accountable, eh?

Oh, one more thing. I don't really talk too much about my nephew. In fact, I don't think I have mentioned him at all on my blogs. I should be ashamed of myself! He is the cutest 16 month old baby in the world and I am honored to be his Aunt.
Today, I was playing with him outside and this giant ant came crawling by and I said, "Andrew, look. Look at the ant. Ant." I wanted to teach him what an ant was. So, he started running after it and slamming his palm behind the ant's trail, laughing. Finally, he smushed the ant, looked at his palm, and said, "Uh-oh." It was really the cutest thing because he just learned how to say, "Uh-oh." His voice is so low and innocent and he sounded really concerned about killing the ant. So stinkin' cute. So, I have redeemed myself. If Josh asks, I am wise and know what I'm doing. Thanks for backing me up, you guys!

Posted byAshley C. at 11:19 AM  

1 comments:

Stiltner said... Thursday, June 11, 2009 at 8:43:00 AM PDT  

Girl getting you guys tickets to your and his favorite baseball team... yea he is going to love that lol*** I dont think he would be mad. But thats awsome of you*** Def cool. Sooo your working out im so happy your running outside its sooooo good for you*** Good job LASHES***

Post a Comment