Locking My Head and Keys in the Car

I really meant to blog yesterday but didn't have time. I am going to blog about yesterday now (because yesterday was too eventful for me to ignore) and maybe I'll blog about today later.

So, yesterday I needed to go to Target to get a few things. I had to make a list or else I'd be there forever and spend too much money. The only things on my list were deodorant, toothpaste, my 4th Twilight book, kleenex, and a box of Arm & Hammer for the fridge. Well, as I was getting out of my car, I was texting Josh and wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.
I went into the store, found what I needed with the exception of the Arm & Hammer. I was adding the totals up in my head and realized I had "extra" money to spend, so I was walking around. I found the cutest picnic basket for Josh and me. It is a wicker picnic basket with a red and white plaid cover on the inside. Only $15.

I got in line, paid for my things. Note: I am a professional at spending my limit (I'm talking, to the penny). I threw my little bag into the picnic basket because it was easier to carry. As I was walking out, I was digging through my gigantic purse for my car keys. I shook my purse up and couldn't hear them either. I was thinking, "Oh, crap. Not again." I walked out to my car, doors locked, looked into the passenger window and saw that I left my keys in the ignition. At this time, it was 2:15. I called Josh to see if he'd be home within the next 20 minutes or so since he has a spare key to my car. He just left Chicago. I called my mom, there was no spare key around the house. What the heck was I supposed to do? While standing there, next to my car, with my picnic basket, I was trying to figure out what to do. I asked my mom to come pick me up and when Josh gets home, we'll go back and pick my car up.

My mom works 3
rd shift, so at this point, she was just drinking her coffee and sitting in her pajamas. She had to get dressed and drive the 10 minutes to Target. When she got there, she threw me her car keys and told me, "Try one of those keys. I swear one of them opens your car." They didn't. As soon as she said that, I remembered something. I always keep a spare key to my car inside my wallet. I unzipped my wallet, the key was right there.

So, not only did I look dumb standing with a picnic basket in the parking lot for 25 minutes, but I interrupted my mom's "morning" by having her come pick me up, only for me to realize that I had a spare key on me. This is not the first time I've locked my keys in the ignition. If you're looking to steal a decent car, my car comes with the keys, you just have to look for the car itself.


Random Fact: 40% of all car thefts actually had the keys left in the ignition.

Posted byAshley C. at 3:15 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment