It's Been A While

I feel so out of touch with the world (and myself) because I have not blogged in so long! This whole past week, I have thinking to myself "I need to blog about this, I need to blog about that," and now that it is all passed and I don't remember it all that clearly . . . and I do not want to bore you to death, I will pass this week! I will include some pictures that were taken over this past weekend, though.

Today has just been a day of work, cleaning, cooking, and playing with my nephew. I love that kid to death. Oh, he just started a new smile that is absolutely adorable! He kind of bares all of his front teeth and scrunches his nose and forehead up. So cute and irresistible. I really cannot wait until Josh and I have our own kids . . . step-by-step, though!
For a while, I was really doubting myself and felt that I would do a horrible job at trying to be a mother. I was afraid that my faith, patience, and relationship with God would not be sufficient enough to raise our kids in a godly home. I was afraid that our kids would not see the relationship that I have with God and how dependent I am on Him. I was afraid that I would not be able to entertain them and that they would not love me.
Lately though, I have felt so much different. After seeing the way my nephew runs to me for comfort, seeing the amazing amount of patience, care, and entertaining skills I have shown Andrew, he has really opened my eyes to just how good of a mother I will eventually be able to be. It's really amazing the way someone so young can teach you so much.

Another thing that my eyes have been opened to is the simple things in life that are actually enjoyable. Me and Josh have not really spent money on going to the movies or sit-down dinners lately. We have been spending every minute we can on rollerblading. It's really cool because it's free, it's exercising, and we are able to talk about everything we want or need to talk about. Remember that picnic basket I blogged about a while ago? We still haven't used it, but we are definitely looking forward to a weekend that allows us to grab our rollerblades, fishing poles, and picnic baskets and just enjoy each other.

Well, off to work I go! Until next time!

Posted byAshley C. at 11:52 AM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment