Floods, Blisters, and Fights . . . Oh, My!

I had such an awesome weekend for two reasons: I finally got my guitar and started practicing and me and Josh went to a fight! I have never done either of those before Saturday.

On Friday, me and Josh were supposed to head to Highland Park and get our guitars from Guitar Center, but I think rain collected for a million years fell. I got off of work and the tornado sirens were going off, so we decided to let to heavy storm pass by and then go out to get the guitars. We didn't make it very far. We made it probably 10 miles down the road and realized that we might have drowned if we kept driving. I have literally never seen as much water as I did that day. No kidding, every single street we drove down was flooded. Josh explained to me that if water floods the car's exhaust, it harms the engine, you'll have to get it drained, and . . . yeah, something like that. It sounded really bad, that's all I knew. I was so afraid to keep driving because I didn't want to not be able to get through the water and flood the engine. We were so close to home and the unthinkable happened. We had no choice but to drive down a street that had probably 3 feet of water and the tires kept spinning and out of no where, the car shut off. I started panicking and kept asking, "What do we do? What happens now?" but the only thing Josh could do was pray and keep trying to restart the car. We sat there for about 4 minutes just freaking out and thinking about what to do. Finally, the car started and we got out of the water! I was so grateful and happy that it worked out that way!

On Saturday, me and Josh finally made it out to Highland Park. It was like the rain never happened. Every single street was bone-dry but it was sooo humid! I found the perfect guitar, I guess Josh decided to name it Edward and he found a pretty sweet electric guitar to start off with. Her name is Glow. Don't ask "why?" Later in the day, we met up with our friend from school and were able to meet his girlfriend. We went out to dinner and then went to a fight. Our friend's friend was fighting, so it was cool to actually come and watch someone in particular fight. It was one of the most fun things! Besides it being hotter than 100 degrees and humid in the gym, we had a blast! I always told myself that I would never go and watch that kind of fighting, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure, there were high levels of testosterone all over, but people actually seemed to know how to control it pretty well. I am glad they dragged us along. I think the next fight is in September and I totally want to go!

The only other thing we did was sit around and practice our guitars together. We decided that we weren't going to invest in lessons just yet. We bought an awesome book that explains things very well and isn't confusing at all. We have been having a blast together with it. I don't think there is a better guitar buddy than Josh! The only thing that sucks about beginning guitar is the blistered fingers. So far, we've only been practicing notes on the first and second strings, first and third frets, using our first and third fingers, so my pointer and ringer finger are in so much pain! I can't imagine how much pain my pinky finger is going to be in when we start the next lesson.

Posted byAshley C. at 9:09 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment