Just Another Day With Josh and Ash

Me and Josh thought that it would be fun yesterday to be rebellious and not go to church, but go on a fishing expedition instead! Saturday night, we pulled an all-nighter at my house just watching movies and fussing with out computers and on Sunday morning, we left my house really early and headed to Wisconsin. Wisconsin because I guess there was free fishing at any lake this weekend, so we wouldn't need to buy our license just yet. Josh had a lake in mind that was about an hour away, so we decided we try to go to that lake first and see if it was worth our time. The lake looked pretty nice and swampy. Swampiness means fish! We walked up to the lake empty-handed to see what it was like before we decided to unload the car. There were 10 million mesquitos within the 50 feet we walked. Me and Josh decided that there was NO WAY we were going to sit around with these nasty bugs. No wonder we were the only car in the parking lot.

After leaving that lake, we decided that we would head to Lake Geneva and see if we could find a spot (or a boat to rent) that would make it possible for us to catch at least 1 fish. No luck. We were having fun driving up and down all the hills and through all the curvy turns . . . until the gas light came on. We had to hurry back to civilization and find a gas station before we were stranded in who knows what kind of area. We found one just in time.

We started to drive back toward home and on the way, we stopped at one more lake. "No Fishing" signs were posted everywhere. How in the world do you post "No Fishing" signs around a HUGE lake?

After a few hours of driving and no fishing, we agreed that we were both really tired, so we went back home and took a quick nap. We finally decided that it would be worthwhile to just go to the store, buy a fishing license, and go to a lake that we were familiar with (our favorite place to fish). We said that we would just do some shore fishing before renting a boat. Josh made me trail behind him in waist-high grass, weeds, burrs, and pricklies only to decide that the water was too shallow. Not to mention, the gravel trail we were on lead right to where he lead us. We walked all the way back to the car, dropped off the chairs we never used, and just got a boat.

Aahh . . . finally, we were able to wet our lines! When we got our license, we bought these little speakers that we could plug into our iPod and just make it more relaxing. We had our lines in the water, country music playing in the background, and each other to laugh and have fun with. I guess the guy in the parking lot that said, "They're really biting today!" was lying because I didn't get a single bite, and neither of us caught a fish.
While on the boat, me and Josh had this brilliant idea about a book we are going to write! We decided that we are going to take some before pictures, do a mad workout, take some after pictures and publish the book! I can't tell you the cool part about this because you might steal our idea (and our millions). But, we are definitely going to be on Oprah's list and have multiple books with the same concept. Heck, one day, you'll be following this awesome workout and seem some great results.

After we left the lake, we went to Wal-Mart and stocked up on as much healthy food as we could without looking crazy (or like we were participating in a new fad). While we were there, the back of my neck was itching and I reached back and felt something. I peel it off and I found a tick! Yes, after telling Josh that we shouldn't trudge through that waist-high, tick infested grass, I was right. It was disgusting and I'm sure I will probably get Lyme Disease now. Thanks, Josh.

We have made it our new goal to eat healthy and work out like crazy to have the best bodies we can for next summer. We are going to have blinging abs and toned arms! You watch! I even made a promise to myself that I will not get my new truck until I have reached my goal of 125 pounds and size 5 jeans. This will really push me because I really want my new car . . .badly!

So, here's to the new and healthy me, our new, money-making book, and the beginning of the end of my life due to Lyme Disease!


Random Fact: There are over 850 tick species, about 100 of which are capable of transmitting diseases. Multiple diseases can be contracted from a single tick bite.

Posted byAshley C. at 9:40 AM  

1 comments:

Stiltner said... Tuesday, June 9, 2009 at 10:30:00 AM PDT  

OMG first dont get lime disease and ewwwwwwwwww... second that sounded like a lot of driving to go fishing but it sounded like a great and fun adventure for the both of you hahah*** You guys crack me up*** lol Im glad you guys ended up going in the boat lol***

Post a Comment